Saturday, July 9, 2011

AUNT LILY!

To say that Lily has had an extreme life so far would be putting it very mildly.  Left on the steps of a health club at sixteen days old, she never knew her birth mother.  She spent the first two years of her life in a Chinese orphanage being cared for by her second "mother";  a woman she calls "DAH JAH" when shown her picture. Then last year she finally came home to us, (known in the adoption community as her "forever family"). By the time she was two years old she had been a citizen of two superpower countries.  And now, at the ripe old age of almost three, Miss Lily is going to be an aunt. That's right, sometime around Christmas Blair and Jeff are going to have a baby.  My first baby is having a baby.  It is hard for me to believe.  Not the part about them having a baby. I get that, and I am very excited.  What is hard for me to comprehend, to fathom, to wrap my arms around is the glaring fact that I am going to be... married to a grandmother!

AUNT LILY!

2 comments:

doddie said...

Love the photo of Aunt Lily

Mike-n-Kerri said...

Congratulations!!! And, Lily is so adorable!