Tuesday, July 27, 2010

BREAKTHROUGH!

She likes me. She really really likes me!  In less time than I had anticipated Lily and I have become buddies. She definitely prefers Susan, but I am making headway. When we first got back from China, Lily would get very upset if Susan was out of her sight. Now, she will actually comes looking for me...occasionally.

She calls me papa which is Chinese for daddy, and lately she is a girl after my own heart.  We sit in my big chair and watch TV.  I love it!  She likes to push the buttons on the remote control which can be a little aggravating with the channel changing every two seconds and volume fluctuating, and the power going on and off.  So, once I get the channel set, I give her the remote (upside down so the sensor is not pointed towards the television).  She pushes to her hearts content.  When she starts to get sleepy she hands me the remote and grabs my hand and puts it on her head.  I am supposed to pet her head until she falls asleep. Lily also likes to get a book and sit on the fireplace hearth.  She yells for me and then pats right beside where she is sitting so I will sit down and read. And today, when I got home from work, she threw her hands in the air, yelled papa at the top of her lungs and ran into my arms!  I am definitely starting to get that "wrapped around someone's little finger" feeling again. And I like it!

Chip

5 comments:

Angie Stewart said...

Oh I just love your updates!
Chip and Susan, we have a little happy for Lily and a graduation present for Emily.

We are going out of town and will be back Monday. Could I drop the presents off sometime next week?

Angie Stewart :)

Ashley Vice said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going so well. Looks like she will be updating the blog on her own soon!

Blair said...

Awwww, this is PRECIOUS! Man, she is focused on the laptop! And I couldn't help but notice the Minnie Mouse attire. LOVE IT!

paynecounselor said...

Ahhhh. How wonderful! So thankful to see the Lord helping Lily to make the transition so well. God has certainly made people resiliant and children are the most!

Anonymous said...

All the waiting for this precious little gift..... it is so awesome to see the fruit of waiting on the Lord and following Him through all the obstacles. Your testimony blesses us all. Can't wait to meet her. We would love an Elsie and Lily playdate this fall. Amy H.