Sunday, October 31, 2010

HECKLER

"Two ducks walk into a bar..." 


I'm starting this time with a a joke.  Since after I posted my last blog I received a call from my first heckler. My phone rang and a familiar voice said. "Hi Chip, I just read your new blog."  I waited, hoping the caller would tell me how the "deep" message from my latest post had been both convicting and compelling.  "It was...well, different" she went on.  "I didn't like it as much as the other ones."  Oh, I said, Why not?    "It just wasn't funny.  Not funny at all... sorry," she said. 


So, this one's for you....................MOM!


Two ducks walk into a bar. The first duck orders two drinks, the second duck whispers “How are you going to pay?” “It’s all right,” says the first duck, “I’ll get him to put it on my bill.”  

There you go!         And, to top it off, here is a picture of Lily in her bath-time Duck towel to tie the whole thing together.




UP NEXT: I have finished two more books, Radical by David Platt and Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore.  Both have revolutionized the way Susan and I look at our faith and our lives. Hope you will continue to follow along with us as we forge a new path for our family.

P.S.  Lily LOVED trick or treating. We thought she may be apprehensive about approaching houses and new people, but NOT AT ALL.  She held Daniel's hand on one side and she held his friend Jackson's hand on the other, and I am pretty sure she would have collected candy all night if we had allowed it.  It was a lot of fun to watch!  Here is a picture of her chowing down in true "Cheek" fashion!


No comments: